Battery Installation and Replacement
To ensure twenty four hour protection you have to make sure that the batteries are working in good condition. It is important to have the co alarm installed by a competent person. To indicate low battery, the Red LED flashes every 30 seconds. One quick beep every 30 seconds means the batteries need to be replaced. Replace all three AA batteries.
To install or replace the batteries in this Kidde CO alarm, please perform the following steps.
1. Slide open the bottom cover to expose the battery compartment.
2. If replacing batteries, remove the old batteries and properly dispose of them as recommended by the battery manufacturer.
3. Install the new batteries. Note the polarity illustration in the battery compartment.
4. Close the bottom cover. The bottom cover will not close if all three AA batteries are not installed.
When replacing the batteries, use one of the following approved brands:
• Duracell MN1500 or MX1500
• Golden Power GLR6A
These batteries can be purchased where you bought the alarm or at a local hardware store. Use of a different battery may have a detrimental effect on the alarm operation.
The CO alarm performs optimally under the following specifications
· Operating Range: 40F (4.4C) to 100F (37.8C)
· Humidity: Operating range: 10-95% non-condensing
· Audible Alarm: 85+ dB at 10’ @ 3.4±0.5 KHz pulsing alarm
· Sensor: Electrochemical
· Power: 3-AA Batteries
Although the say the lithium batteries can last ten years, constant exposures to high or low humidity may reduce battery life. A good safety measure is to replace the battery at least once a year.
After installing or changing the batteries, reinstall your alarm. Test your alarm by using the Test/Reset button and check that the green “Power “LED is on.
This should however not be confused with the end of unit life red flashes. When the Red LED flashes twice every 30 seconds, two quick beeps every 30 seconds indicate end of unit life
Incoming search terms:
- carbon monoxide detector sounds once
- carbon monoxide detector 3 aa batteries replacement
- remove batteries from a kidde fire alarm
- kidde smoke and carbon monoxide alarm low battery how to change
- kidde night hawk battery replacement
- kidde carbon monoxide detector keeps chirping i replaced batteries
- kidde AA battery
- i changed the battery on kidde carbon monoxide detector
- how to replace battery in kidde smoke and carbon monoxide alarm
- with the KIDDE smoke and Co alarm i changed batteries and now it chirps every 30 seconds