Poisoning by gases is usually fatal and if not detected early enough, it could lead to death. Carbon Monoxide is one of those poisonous gases that induce a slow or rapid death if inhaled over a period of time. Assuming that this gas doesn’t kill you, the Carbon Monoxide poisoning long term effects are adverse and may affect you negatively all your life due to its displacement of Oxygen within the blood thus causing damage to the cells and major body organs. Such effects include loss of memory, loss of brain functioning and poor cognition, though some of these may recover after sometime.
The Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display is an efficient appliance that works round the clock to ensure that you do not suffer from any effects of CO gas. Below are some of its features that will get you to make this great investment.
1. Dimensions- 4.5 by 4.5 by 2.8 Inches.
2. Weight- 1 Pound
4. Digital display for CO level indication.
1. Battery-operated thus no dependence of electricity.
2. Easy-to-read digital display indicating levels of CO.
3. Alarm with intensity of sound corresponding to the level of threat.
4. LED indicator light for signalling of power levels.
5. 5-year warranty.
1. This Kidde product comes with a digital display that indicates the level of Carbon Monoxide within the air thus warning the occupants of approaching danger. This enables one to start taking precautionary measures to prevent the levels from rising beyond control.
2. It comes with an alarm whose sound intensity corresponds to the level of CO detected. The alarm sounds at 85 Decibels when it detects 70 parts per million of CO for 60 to 240 minutes at 10 feet, 150 ppm for 10-50 minutes and 400 ppm for 4-15 minutes.
3. This CO detector operates on 3 AA batteries that can last up to a year. This eliminates the need for electricity for it to run thus protecting you even during power outages.
4. It’s easy to use. All you need to do is read the CO levels from the digital display thus making it easy to monitor these levels. For the battery level and the operation status, the LED light will indicate that. It is also easy to install the batteries given its battery safeguard.
5. Flexible when it comes to placement. This unit is battery-operated thus no cords are attached to it making it have a very wide variety of placement option. It can be placed on a table or counter or even attached to a wall. It is recommended though to have it at eye-level for easier reading of the digital display.
6. This unit is compact and lightweight making it easily portable. It can be moved from room to room in case the CO levels of different parts of the house need to be detected. These properties are also responsible for making its varied placement needs much easier to satisfy.
7. It has an LED indicator that signals if the battery is low or if the CO detector is running properly.
1. The few users who gave this detector a 1 star rating raised complaints of it having random readings. These readings were sometimes not reasonable in terms of the amount of CO present in the air.
So far, it is for sure that the pros of the Kidde KN-COPP-B-LP totally outnumber its cons thus giving it an upper hand when it comes to eliminating Carbon Monoxide poisoning long term effects and also its short term effects. This unit ensures your safety from this hazard. For only $20.22, you and your family could be protected from CO poisoning and its effects.