Carbon Monoxide poisoning is among some of the fatal accidents you never wish to experience and the worst thing about it is that you may never know when you are inhaling this poisonous gas until you start drifting into unconsciousness. Thanks to technological advancements, we now have the Kidde Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detector Combo to rely on.
This Carbon Monoxide detector with a talking alarm is enriched with quite a number of great functions that work very effectively in keeping you safe from this kind of gaseous poisoning. Below is an outline of its specifications, pros and cons which will help you determine whether it is a worthwhile investment.
1. Dimensions- 5.5 by 5.5 by 2 Inches.
2. Weight- 12.5 Ounces.
3. Power source- 3 AA batteries
4. Comes with an LED indicator light and alarm for signalling of an emergency.
1. Talking alarm, beeping alarm and LED indicator signal combination that gives a clear and concise emergency signal.
2. Powered by 3 AA batteries thus no dependence on power.
3. Combination of Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors.
4. Detects fire and smoke using the Ionization sensing technology.
5. Its Smart Hush Activation, in case the alarms are a nuisance.
1. It’s a two-in-one combination of a smoke alarm and a Carbon Monoxide alarm. This makes it versatile as it is used in place of two separate appliances for each of the above mentioned functions.
2. It features both a beeping alarm and a talking alarm that work in combination with the LED indicator to produce different signals for fire and Carbon Monoxide emergencies and also to warn the user of a low battery and the hush activation or hush cancellation function.
3. The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke detector runs on 3 AA batteries that are held in position by the battery safeguard that also helps prevent accidental mounting of this appliance without the batteries installed. Its dependence on batteries rather than electricity gives this Carbon Monoxide detector a plus in terms of being able to save a life even during power outages.
4. It also features a smart hush button that can activate the hush thus silencing the alarm when it becomes a nuisance as a result of creating false alarms. Cancellation of the hush does the exact opposite of this.
5. Its installation is made hassle-free by its lack of wires thus no wiring procedures required. It also comes with a bi-lingual English/Spanish user manual.
6. It makes use of ionization sensing technology for its smoke alarm which is able to detect fires that are invisible quite faster than photoelectric detectors.
1. Since it detects fire using the Ionization sensing technology best for open fires, it doesn’t work so effectively in detecting smouldering fires and smoke from appliances such as microwaves. It is advisable to have both this kind of detector and a photoelectric detector for maximum protection against both kinds of fire.
2. Sometimes, this detector may be a nuisance as it creates false alarms as it can detect even the least smoke such as cooking smoke.
All in all, this Kidde Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detector Combo, going for only $26.63 and priding itself of a 4.3 star rating on Amazon is quite a bargain for any person concerned about their well-being, especially when around fires. You have to consider purchasing this detector as it is a great investment for anyone’s safety.