This article is written to explain briefly about how to test carbon monoxide detector. The term carbon monoxide detector in this article is for home uses only, not for industrial uses.
Regular testing of carbon monoxide detector is required to ensure that it is still working and be able to detect carbon monoxide. Testing can be done by yourself because it is very easy to do.
It takes only several minutes to complete this job. So you don’t have to worry even though you have many carbon monoxides installed in your home. And even if you are new to this, you will be able to do without any difficulty.
How To Test Carbon Monoxide Detector
It is advisable that you make a simple record for testing carbon monoxide detector. This will remind you whenever its schedule arrives. Place it closely to each unit.
To know the details about how to test carbon monoxide detector you can find the guidance from its manual. To do this, just press test button that you can see at the front side of the unit.
The test button for each brand is slightly different. It is combined with silence button for First Alert Product, combined with reset button for Kidde product. Please refer to the following images for examples.
After know how to test carbon monoxide detector, I want to remind you 2 things. First, do this regularly as recommended by the manual. Second, replace immediately if the unit does not work well after you test it.
Incoming search terms:
- how do you test for carbon dioxide explain breafly
- how do you test for carbon dioxide Explain briefly
- how to test a kidde carbon monoxide detector
- firt alert carbon momoxide test how to check if works
- how do we test for carbon dioxide explain briefly
- how to reset carbon monoxide detector
- how to test first alert carbon monoxide detector
- should the carbon monoxide detector beep when test
- test a co detector