Most carbon monoxide detector utilizes alarm sound to warn people when it detects carbon monoxide at certain level. For most people, I mean people with normal hearing ability that’s fine. But, it is really not helpful for deaf people. So, in this post I will review a product that can be interconnected to carbon monoxide detector in order to make it becomes suitable carbon monoxide detector for deaf people.
Even though most CO detector is also equipped with light, but it is common light, which is not enough. There should be special carbon monoxide detector for deaf people.
Kidde SL177i Fyrnetics Hardwire Strobe Light is a perfect product for carbon monoxide detector to be suitable for deaf people or people with impaired hearing. This product has light out put 177 candelas.
How to Provide Carbon Monoxide Detector for Deaf People
Kidde SL177i is installed in conjunction with carbon monoxide detector in order to make it becomes carbon monoxide detector for deaf people. It is very easy to install and interconnected to the existing carbon monoxide detector.
Here are some key features of Kidde SL177i:
- Can be interconnected to carbon monoxide detector such as Kidde KN- COSM-IB hardwire combination carbon monoxide and smoke alarm
- Provides steady flash warning (when detects smoke) and intermittent flash warning (when detects carbon monoxide)
- Provides bright visual alert when carbon monoxide is detected
- Easy and fast to be interconnected into existing system
- Meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) requirements
- Light out put 177 candelas
- Flash rate 1 flash per second
- Power source 120 VAC, frequency 60Hz
- Range of temperature is between 4˚C to 38˚C (40˚F to 100˚F)
- Product weight is 1 pound
- Product dimensions are 3” x 6” x 7”
This product is also protected with 5 years limited-warranty.
Please imagine if you should leave deaf people at home alone. This product will provide better safety for such people while you are at outside of your home.
Click here to get more information about this product.