So, read carefully and make yourself understand the steps throughly.
How to Care for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Here are the ways how to care for carbon monoxide poisoning:
1. Bring the victim to fresh air as quickly as possible
- Take the victim away from room or area with carbon monoxide.
- If the victim is senseless or unconscious, inspect for injuries before moving.
- If it is possible, stop carbon monoxide generation right from the source. Do it safely
2. Call 911 immediately
3. If the victim does not breath normally, start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
4. Bring the victim to the hospital to get further treatment
The treatment that will be given at the hospital, will depend on severity of the carbon monoxide poisoning; mild or severe exposure.
The victim may get oxygen treatment. Taking blood sample may be required for determining carbon monoxide level in the blood and for knowing the clinical status of the victim.